- patient engagement and empowerment
- health systems integration with workforce modernization
- technological transformation via digital health and precision medicine
- better value from procurement, reimbursement and regulation
- industry as an economic driver and innovation catalyst.
Healthcare Innovation in Canada: 2015 Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation Report
The Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation was created in 2014 to identify areas of growth in Canadian health innovation. Formed by the Canadian Minister of Health, the panel was tasked to: This year, the panel, led by chair Dr. David Naylor, published Unleashing Innovation: Excellent Healthcare for Canada. The panel reached out to Canadians and industry representatives, and conducted extensive research in order to best understand the current Canadian healthcare innovation landscape. In the report, the panel identified five critical areas in Canadian healthcare innovation: